Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Topic Research Presentation Response

   I am responding to group five’s presentation about high performance computing. As far as gained knowledge from the presentation, I learned that high performance computing started in the 1960s and the fastest high performance computer right now Tiante-2 located in Japan. Other than those two pieces of information, I learned everything else they said in class. Even though I knew most of the information given in the presentation, it was a very good refresher and was still very interesting to me. The info also provided a good background and understanding of beocat at our school.
   The group did a very good job covering their material. Each of them went into a great amount of detail on their slides and subject. The resources used was a standard powerpoint and they rarely looked it, because they had all of the information memorized. As for additional information, I would have gone into more detail about the raspberry pi, because those hold some cool information and are a great subject to talk about. I liked what the one person did with their personal project with the raspberry pi. The presentation kept my attention, but they presenters lacked in voice changes so it was a bit hard to stay focused. I felt more like I had to think about staying focused than I was intrigued by the topic. 
   After seeing the presentation, I wanted to know more about the raspberry pi’s and what possible future benefits can we held with them. Super computing is very interesting to me, but was a hard topic to talk about. The group did a very, very good job staying on topic and expressing their knowledge to the class. Another thing that I learned about high performance computing is that Green 500 measurement scale. The Green 500 measurement scale is a scale used to measure how efficient a super computer is at doing its algorithm and how many floating points it uses per watt. 

   Overall, I found this presentation to be very amusing to me. I thought that the subject was very well covered, the group seemed to work together well, and facts were very informative. If I were to just learn about high performance computing today from them, I feel like I would be able to answer a good amount of questions about it. This group did a very good job, and I am looking forward to future presentations that they give.  

No comments:

Post a Comment