Friday, October 24, 2014

Are we Too Reliant on Technology?

   People are reliant of technology, but are not too reliant on it. Technology is more of a convince than a necessity. The last time that I went 24 hours without technology was when you friend took me to Canada for a week. Living without technology was weird there, because I was unable to check what time it was and what was going on in the world. Other than the times I have left for Canada, I have gone everyday using technology. 
   My daily routine with technology starts out with me turning off my phone alarm, checking the weather outside, and then starting my morning. After that, I would check my emails and assignments, check what is for breakfast, and then check reddit. After my school day is over, I would play games such as World of Warcraft and Hearthstone while talking to friends on Skype. 
   Improvements of my daily routine that could be made via technology are minimal, but can greatly change everything. If I could create technology to increase the productivity of my routine I would do the following. I would create a computer screen that works in the shower, it would show me updates, weather, email, pretty much anything that a computer can do by connecting to the internet. Then, I would have a tablet or other device that can pull up all my work, books, and other school related things that would connect to one main computer allowing me to turn in all my homework virtually. It would almost be like a tablet. 
   When people say that humans are too reliant on technology, it seems rather ironic. In the past when people did not have phones to get the news from, people would read newspapers. So when people say that people are too focused on their phones they need to see in the past rather than looking at a phone screen, people would be looking at a newspaper. Also, technology is now just a standard of living, much like when people relied on steam power, oil lamps, and nonelectric things to improve their standards of living.  

   I do have to agree that some people are very reliant on their technology and cannot go more than a few moments without going back to it, but that is just how the people choose to live their life. The only problematic thing with being so reliant on technology is that if we were to every lose all of it, there would be mass havoc. Any thing would be that people have become reliant on it to learn math and other problems, but they don't actually use it to learn, bur rather to get the answer. So people are unable to grasp the subject and will not learn it as well. In general, technology is just a way of living now, so no, I do not think that people are over reliant on technology, they are just use to the ability to use it to learn, get update, and to see new potentials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment