Thursday, October 9, 2014

How has the Internet Influenced You?

   The internet has been the largest factor that has changed technology and even society. The internet has simplified everything. It has created new ways to speak to other people, to see other people, to connect to other people, and has increased our learning substantially. Its influences on me are endless. Without the internet I would not know as much programming that I do now, I would not be able to get around so easily, thankfully google maps is a thing, nor would I be able to take my college courses like I do right now. If the internet was never invented our society would be very different.
   If we were not to have internet, I would not be doing the assignment I am doing now. We would most likely be still using type writers, because computers would not be as widely accepted as they are now. The connivence that the internet has given society is almost indescribable. Without the internet Google would have never been invented, this does not seem like a very large deal, but when you look at the big picture, Google has changed everything. I personally would not be functioning the same without Google, I would not be able to simply look up facts, find where to go, or even know what is provided on the internet without a very long complicated list. In the sense of online gaming, large companies like Blizzard and Steam would not be existent today without the internet. 
Personally, if the internet was never created I would not be in the same major as I am now, nor would I have the same knowledge that I have now. The internet’s endless opportunities have provided and will continue to provide me with a book of knowledge that will never end. Documenting all the advancements in technology, medicine, or anything else would be extremely difficult without the internet. Companies would work very differently without email, people would have to work in closer quarters and information would not get around as fast. The biggest change of all would be distribution of software.
   Without the internet it would be almost impossible to promote, distribute, or create software for anything. There would have to be stores that specifically sold software only and promote it constantly. Apple, Microsoft, and Dell would have a very hard time promoting their new gadgets, because a majority of their reviews come from youtube and other websites that will show an unboxing or rate it. 

   The internet has molded me to be reliant on other people to learn, even in the past this was true, but not as wide spread as it is now. Without the internet I would not have the job opportunity that I have today, nor would I have the same major. The internet has played the largest role in deciding who I want to be today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment